Heartland Alliance International in Nigeria works at the intersection of health and human rights, to provide HIV prevention and human rights protection services to most-at-risk populations (MARPs), raising awareness and creating grassroots support organizations in the country. Heartland Alliance International’s work in Nigeria draws on regional experts…
Learn more about this company
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Compliance Officer, perform and report on internal audits and compliance assessments to ensure that financial control, financial guidelines of donor organizations and other control procedures are in place properly implemented and managed on the project within the organization.
- Join the Compliance team to perform periodic assessment of HALG field operations compliance with organizational rules, regulations and policies.
- Support the Compliance Officer in reviewing and evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, adequacy of internal controls, reliability of financial reporting, compliance and applicable laws and safeguarding assets within HALG.
- Under the direction of the Compliance Officer, test internal controls targeting high risk areas, document weaknesses and their impact, and make recommendations to address those weaknesses.
- Support the Compliance Officer in developing and implementing anti-fraud policies across the organization.
- Support the Compliance team in the development of compliance systems and tools to be implemented and ensure these systems and tools are aligned with HALG and donor rules, policies and regulations.
- Assist in completing necessary training of finance and non-finance personnel to ensure USAID requirements are met.
- Follow up on the implementation of audit recommendations and management actions. Follow up, help prepare and ensure compliance with the findings of external audits.
- With the approval of the Compliance Officer and management, the incumbent will conduct investigations into allegations of fraud, mismanagement, loss of assets or any other investigation.
- Provide quarterly reports in accordance with the assessments, conclusions and recommendations provided and implement mechanisms to prevent fraud and corruption.
- Responsible for developing monthly reports and dashboards to demonstrate compliance program performance and risk areas.
- Perform other assigned activities.
To perform this job successfully, a person must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or competencies required.
Education and/or experience:
- University degree in accounting, finance and business administration or its recognized equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience.
- Previous experience and a strong motivation to work in the development sector will be an added advantage.
- The ability to work independently and with proactive communication skills is essential.
Other skills :
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Finding ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; corrects spelling and grammar work; varies writing style to meet needs; effectively presents numerical data.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to better adapt to the situation; able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unforeseen events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects the cultural environment in which the individual works and does not act in a way that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory – Does not discriminate against people on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated proficiency in public speaking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, Power Point.
- Other software commonly used by Heartland Alliance.
- The noise level in the working environment is generally moderate.
- The employee is required to travel regularly in environments that are often insecure and with limited resources.
**Note: Applicants must specify preferred location on the subject of the application. Any application without a specified location will not be taken into account**
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.
Click here to apply