Get your daily digest of crypto-asset and blockchain news – by investigating the stories that go under the radar of today’s crypto news.
- “Unprecedented group” of allies and partners – including the European Union, the United Kingdom and NATO – join the United States in exposing and criticizing the malicious cyber activities of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) , said the US White House. today. As detailed in the unsealed public indictment documents in October 2018 and July and September 2020, hackers with a work history for the PRC’s Ministry of State Security (MSS) carried out attacks from ransomware, cyber extortion, cryptojacking and victim theft across the world, all for financial gain, âthey added.
Digital asset investing products had another quiet week with minimum net inflows totaling $ 2.9 million last week, per Sharing rooms The data. “After a few weeks of bitcoin (BTC) entries, we have seen exits over the past two weeks, with exits totaling $ 10.4 million last week,” they said, adding that “these exits are minimal compared to the large exits observed in May and June of this year. ” Meanwhile, ethereum (ETH) experienced its third consecutive week of influx.
- According to the daily holding files of the investment company ARK investment, they bought a total of 225,937 shares of the payment services company Square after the latter’s founder, Jack Dorsey, confirmed that the company is building a Bitcoin-focused open development platform for decentralized finance (DeFi).
Major manager of digital currency assets Grayscale investments and CoinDesk Index, a subsidiary of CoinDesk website, announced the launch of the Grayscale DeFi Fund investment product and the CoinDesk DeFi Index. Grayscale DeFi Fund provides investors with exposure to a selection of DeFi protocols through a market capitalization weighted portfolio designed to track the CoinDesk DeFi Index.
The index is made up of the following assets and weightings:
– Uniswap (UNI), 49.95%
– Aave (AAVE), 10.25%
– Compound (COMP), 8.38%
– Curve (CRV), 7.44%
– MakerDAO (MKR), 6.49%
– SushiSwap (SUSHI), 4.83%
– Synthetix (SNX), 4.43%
– Yearn Finance (YFI), 3.31%
– UMA protocol (UMA), 2.93%
– Bancor Network Token (BNT), 2.00%
- Bitcoin miner Iris Energy Pty plans to raise around $ 200 million in a new fundraiser before seeking a direct listing on the Nasdaq exchange, Bloomberg reported, citing an undisclosed source. The funding could help prepare the company for listing as early as this year, he added.
- the Russian Association of Crypto-economics, Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain (RACIB), a collective of some 2,000 crypto and AI players, says it is partnering with federal and local agencies and government-run companies in a concerted effort to attract miners of crypto. In an official announcement published in English, RACIB said it had formed a number of public-private sector “task forces” focused on attracting miners – and was keen to highlight that 1,158 MW of “parks new generation wind turbines âhad been online so far in 2021.
- the Black Rock Oil Company said they have entered into a binding agreement with the crypto-mining hosting company Optimum Mining Host LLC to host and operate up to one million of their BTC mining machines. The initial 24-month contractual commitment provides for the deployment of 200,000 machines, plus 300,000 short-term machines and 500,000 medium-term immediate contractual commitments when host capacity is ready.
- Three Republican senators urged the American Olympic Committee to ban U.S. athletes from using China’s new digital currency at the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics, citing espionage and data security concerns, Bloomberg reported.
- China Merchant Bank became the latest commercial bank to join the central bank’s pilot program to research and develop the digital yuan, Caixin reported, citing a vice governor of the People’s Bank of China.
- South Korea’s main financial regulator, the Financial Services Commission (FSC) has ruled out the possibility of an extension of the September 24 deadline for all crypto exchanges to obtain operating permits from the Financial Intelligence Unit – or closing the face. So far, none of the 60 stock exchanges in the country have received a permit and only four currently have banking partners, without which it will be impossible to obtain a permit. The banking contracts of these four exchanges expire on September 24, following recent short-term extensions. According to Dalian, the FSC angrily rejected the possibility of extending the existing deadline, saying the exchanges had “enough time” to prepare for September 24.
News from the exchanges
- Young Chinese artist Huang Heshan will showcase his NEAR protocol-powered non-fungible (NFT) token at the annual Taobao Maker (TMF) festival in China, hosted by the leading e-commerce platform. Ali Baba in July, NEAR Protocol said in a blog post.